If you’re like many women, you struggle when deciding what to wear each day. So, imagine how stressful choosing an outfit for your maternity photo session is. While you’re full of hormones, you also want to look amazing for it. Fortunately, there are some things that will simply make you look beautiful without much effort. These include:
- The maxi dress isn’t only incredibly comfortable, but it’s also very flattering to the pregnant body and its fabric is very dramatic in a photo shoot. With its flowing fabric, your photographer can create lots of movement in your pictures.
- Accessorize with a belt which accentuates your belly when placed at the top of your belly without looking too overpowering.
- Wear solid colors and tight clothing so your pregnant body is the main attraction. If you want to incorporate patterns and your husband is in the photograph with you, have him wear a brightly patterned shirt. You can also add some texture to your clothing so your photos have some dimension to them. Things like a chunky knit sweater with a pair of jeans, a lace dress, or an embroidered top create more interest and beauty.
- Make sure your pieces are timeless so you’re not embarrassed to look back on them in the future.
- Always take at least two outfits with you, but remember we do offer you the choice of some outfits and accessories too that are provided here at the Fairies and Frogs studio. This way you can have lots of great variety to your photos.
When you’re ready for a maternity photo session, contact us. We’d love to make yours memorable! The best time for a maternity session is anytime during the 7th or 8th month of pregnancy. Booking your session in your second trimester is recommended just to insure that there is an available spot on my calendar for your session!